Procurement Systems Officer
We are one of the largest geographically spread road agencies in the world, responsible for more than 18,500 kilometres of road spread over 2.5 million square kilometres.
Our role is to plan, build and maintain Western Australia’s State Road Network valued at just over $46 billion. We work closely with our portfolio partners, Department of Transport and Public Transport Authority as well as local government to support the needs of all road users across WA by providing an integrated world-class road transport network.
Our services are delivered through the dedicated efforts of our employees who are located in ten regional and several metropolitan offices throughout the State.
About the Role
Our Finance and Commercial Directorate delivers financial and commercial business solutions that support achieving the Main Roads Western Australia’s outcomes to enhance productivity, sustainability, safety and reliability. This role sits in our Supply and Transport branch who deliver Procurement and Light Vehicle Fleet business solutions that support achieving Main Roads' outcomes to enhance productivity, sustainability, safety and reliability. The Procurement Systems Officer is a critical role, that, amongst other key deliverables, is responsible for:
- Providing support to the Systems and Quality Manager in the implementation and management of procurement systems,
- Providing support in the development of procurements systems procedures and provision of training in the use of systems, performance monitoring, reporting and trend analysis through development of database queries, and
- The administration of corporate credit cards including issue and cancellation of cards and distribution of card statements.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a team environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy team and contribute to procurement systems, quality, system enhancement and stakeholder relationships.
If this sounds like you and you wish to build your future at Main Roads, we would love to hear from you.
Find Out More
For job specific information or for a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Luciano Di Girolamo, Manager Corporate Procurement on (08) 9323 5433 - not to be contacted for assistance with application.
For assistance with your application or for general enquiries, please contact Claire Simms Recruitment Co-ordinator on (08) 9323 6140 or email email@example.com
Submitting Your Application
Please submit the following as part of your application:
- A comprehensive CV demonstrating relevant skills and abilities within the context of the Job Role Statement
- A two page statement outlining your skill, knowledge and experience in the following three (3) selection criteria:
- Use of information technology within a financial system, including tools such as data analytics and development of database queries
- Computer database maintenance including collecting, compiling, reviewing and maintaining data
- Written communication including analytical or technical/statistical report writing
All selection criteria listed in the Job Role Statement will be assessed throughout the selection process.
You will be asked to complete several questions as part of your application. Ensure you allow plenty of time as late and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment medical assessment prior to appointment.
An Executive Search and/or National Police Clearance may be requested during this recruitment process.
Applicants deemed as suitable for but not appointed to this role may also be considered for appointment to “similar vacancies” within Main Roads subject to business requirements.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to attracting and retaining a culturally diverse workforce and in line with our commitment to improve diversity, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
If you have any support or access needs that may require adjustments to allow you to fully participate in this selection process, please contact Claire Simms on (08) 9323 6140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.