Please Note - the closing date for applications has been extended until 4:00PM Monday 20 November 2023
North Metropolitan Health Service (NMHS) Facilities Management (FM) operates and maintains a range of assets and services to support high quality healthcare in Western Australia
Put simply, the Facilities Management team works behind the scenes to ensure all our NMHS hospital sites run smoothly and provide the utmost service to our customers and the wider community.
We are looking to join our team:
- Carpenters, EBS Level 5-9 $65,033 - $79,267 p.a.
- Electricians, EBS Level 5-9 $65,033 - $79,267 p.a.
- Gardeners, HSW Level 1/2 $60,601 - $62,362 p.a.
- Handypersons, EBS Level 4-7 $60,704 - $70,726 p.a.
- Mechanical Fitters, EBS Level 5-9 $65,033 - $79,267 p.a.
- Painters, EBS Level 5-9 $65,033 - $79,267 p.a.
- Plumbers, EBS Level 6-9 $67,878 - $79,267 p.a.
- Refrigeration Mechanics, EBS Level 6-9 $67,878 - $79,267 p.a.
The vacancies are available for immediate fill with Full Time Permanent or Full Time Fixed Term appointments with the possibility of extension(s) and/or permanency.
Whilst this selection process will initially be used to fill current vacancies, it may also be used to fill other "similar" vacancies throughout the health service within a period of eighteen (18) months from when the authorised delegate endorses the recruitment decision.
NMHS provides timely access to high quality health care, embracing acknowledged best practice to deliver improved clinical outcomes in the face of rising challenges for all healthcare providers. The NMHS comprises a mix of tertiary, specialist and generalist hospitals. Our north metropolitan catchment area covers almost 1,000 square kilometres. Our population represents about 28 per cent of Western Australia’s total, and is projected to grow to more than 0.9 million by 2031. To find out more, visit: www.nmhs.health.wa.gov.au
What We Offer
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits such as:
- 9 day working fortnight
- Flexible leave and working arrangements with various roster opportunities, where operationally appropriate
- Provision of tools, uniforms and personal protective equipment
- Salary packaging benefits that are unique to Health / PBI employers:
- Up to $9010 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, your rent or other everyday living expenses.
- Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
- 11% employer superannuation contribution. For more information on superannuation click here
- Fitness Passport discounted Gym membership
- Professional development and continuous learning opportunities
- Smoke and vape free environment across all buildings, grounds and vehicles
- Diverse and inclusive culture
We think you’ll like it here
Watch this video to find out what the team has to say.
Want to know more?
We encourage you to contact Claudious Gema Area Manager Facilities Services on 6457 4433, or email NMHS.FMjobs@health.wa.gov.au.
Ready to join the team?
Applicants are requested to apply online by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button. No need to write a cover letter, just be prepared to answer the following application questions. We suggest preparing your answers to these questions before beginning your application:
- Describe your post trade experience that you believe contributes to you being a suitable candidate for the position you have applied for (up to 300 words)
- Please provide an example of how you can demonstrate the NMHS values of Respect and Teamwork in your daily work (up to 300 words)
Please attach the following:
- a comprehensive resume that clearly shows your qualifications, skills and experience relevant to this position; and
- the names and contact details of two (2) professional referees with one being your current line supervisor or manager.
If you experience difficulties while applying online, please contact Employee Services on 13 44 77, option 2 for immediate assistance during business hours.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a Facilities Management Trade Professionals group assessment day on Friday, 1 December 2023.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency is an essential requirement for applicants to be considered for permanent positions in the public sector.
- A condition of employment for new employees of the Department of Health is that a current National Police Certificate (less than 12 months old) is provided prior to commencement.
- Any offer of employment with NMHS is conditional on satisfactory completion of a Pre-Employment Health Assessment to ensure you are able to perform the inherent requirements of the position.