Please note: Applications for this pool will be closing at the end of November 2023.
- If you are seeking employment with the Department of Education as a final year pre-service teacher in 2024, we encourage you to apply here.
- If you are already a qualified teacher, please register your interest through the Fixed Term Teacher Pool or the Graduate Teacher Pool.
Pre-service teachers enrolled in the final year of an early childhood, primary or secondary teaching qualification in 2023 can now apply for our Pre-Service Teacher Fixed Term Pool for the opportunity to teach in public schools across the state while they complete their final year of study.
Join Merrilee Wright, principal at Malibu School as she shares 10 practical and powerful tips that will help you showcase your strengths and potential as a teacher. Whether you are looking for your first teaching job or your next career move, this webinar will give you valuable insights and tips on application writing. Register now and secure your spot!
Wednesday 24 January 2024 10:00am-11:00am AWST
Are you living in WA and interested in part-time teaching to increase your classroom experience?
We are seeking early childhood, primary and secondary pre-service teachers in the final year of completing a teaching qualification who are interested in teaching part-time (up to 0.8 FTE) in Western Australian public schools in 2023.
Schools may consider you for part-time teaching vacancies in 2023, based on your preferences and availability. Appointments may vary in duration.
Who can apply
You need to be in the final year of a teaching qualification at an Australian university in 2023 to be eligible to apply to this pool.
You will be required to provide a Statement of Literacy Test Result and Statement of Numeracy Test Result indicating you have achieved the test standard for both literacy and numeracy for the Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Students (LANTITE).
To register your interest, follow the application steps online and be sure to include all the required information outlined below.
If you are already a qualified teacher, please register your interest through the Fixed Term Teacher Pool or the Graduate Teacher Pool.
What are the benefits?
If appointed from this pool, you will have the opportunity to participate in a Department induction, and have access to professional learning and school-based support relevant to your development as a teacher.
You will be able to access study leave if you undertake a professional experience (practicum) during your appointment.
As an employee, you will also have access to a range of attractive employee benefits, including:
- leave entitlements
- locality allowances in addition to your salary in most country areas
- subsidised accommodation, and transport, where applicable.
How to apply
Step 1: Prepare your application
Once you have read all the information in this advertisement and attachments, you need to prepare the documents you will need to attach to your online application.
The following information will need to be attached to your application:
- CV/Resume. It is recommended that you use the CV/Resume template that has been attached at the bottom of this advertisement.
- Identification (g., birth certificate, current and valid passport, change of name documentation, marriage certificate). Please note we do not accept driver’s licences.
- Eligibility to work in Australia, if your identification documents are not issued in Australia or New Zealand, the evidence includes:
- Australian or New Zealand citizenship or;
- Your overseas passport and a copy of your work visa from Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)
- Current Academic transcriptsincluding:
- your name
- university name
- course name
- units completed (credit points)
- including successful completion of your most recent professional experience.
- evidence of current enrolment
- Statement of Literacy Test Result and Statement of Numeracy Test Result indicating you have achieved the test standard for both literacy and numeracy for the Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Students (LANTITE).
- Working with Children (WWC) Check card or receipt of application.
All employees working in public schools are required to hold a valid Working With Children (WWC) Check.
More information is available in the attached application package.
Step 2: Submit your application
Applications must be submitted online. Select Apply for Job, at either the top or bottom of this advertisement and follow the instructions on your screen.
You must provide all the requested documents before you can be placed in the pool.
Visit Teach in WA to learn about teaching in public schools in both metropolitan and regional areas. To learn more about schools you may be interested in working at, visit Schools Online.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive this email, or if you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact Staff Recruitment and Employment Services on (08) 9264 4127.
What happens next?
If your eligibility is confirmed, you will be placed in this pool and notified. Schools which you have nominated will then be able to consider you for suitable vacancies which arise. If you accept an employment offer, the school will work with you to lodge an application for Limited Registration from the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia. Your Limited Registration will be based on your qualified area to teach.
Your acceptance into this pool does not guarantee that you will receive offers of employment. Schools will be able to consider applicants from this pool for appointments for 2023 only.
Employment from this pool can't be used as recognition of prior learning or credits toward university studies. This includes Teacher Professional Assessment or Professional Experience units.
If you are experiencing any issue with completing your online application, please contact Staff Recruitment and Employment Services on (08) 9264 4127
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) Thursday 30 November 2023.
Applications must be submitted online
Application submissions after the above date and time will not be accepted