The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
What we can offer
- Access to a range of flexible working conditions.
- Training & Development opportunities
- Health & Wellbeing programs including an onsite gym
- Subsidised corporate apparel and spectacles
- An opportunity for key involvement with W.A infrastructure projects which will make a difference in WA for many generations to come!
The Senior Engineer Systems & Assurance will play a pivotal role in providing engineering expertise, leadership and management through the lifecycle of low to medium complex projects associated with the improvement, expansion and maintenance of the Public Transport Authority’s network in alignment with regulatory and PTA’s engineering system requirements.
In conjunction with the Engineering Manager, the successful applicant will manage the engineering assurance project and maintenance delivery.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A professional qualification that would satisfy admission to the Institute of Engineers Australia.
- Well-developed experience in system engineering
- Technical multi-discipline knowledge and providing technical expertise through the delivery of complex projects
- Engineering assurance through the lifecycle of complex projects
- Engineering standards and system safety management to ensure successful project delivery
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to liaise and consult effectively across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing the performance of an operational team and financial/physical resources.
There is one permanent, full-time position available for an immediate start. This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
We will offer relocation assistance to any interstate candidates should they be successful in winning this position.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Anshul Bajpai, Engineering Manager on 0437 243 854 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A covering letter outlining your relevant skills, abilities and suitability for the position as per the JDF in no more than 2 pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.