Research Portfolio Manager
Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia
Two (2) year fixed term contract with option for extensions and/or permanency
*Please note: The advertisement period for this vacancy has been extended
The Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia (MRIWA) is growing its team and is looking for someone to lead its work on precision and low impact mining, alternative use of tailings and waste and the projects within our Expand the Mining Envelope and Remediation and Mine Closure Program Areas.
Reporting to the CEO, the Research Portfolio Manager will play an integral role:
- identifying and developing new opportunities for minerals research with researchers and industry; and
- managing a portfolio of investment in existing research.
More information about MRIWA can be found on our website, www.mriwa.wa.gov.au
How to apply
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below, complete the online application form and submit the following documentation:
- A resume of no more than three (3) pages detailing your responsibilities and achievements from previous and current roles and the contact details of two professional referees.
- A relevant Bachelor degree or higher, a mining engineering degree is highly desirable, please attach proof of your qualification.
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) pages demonstrating how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the following Job Requirements and Capabilities in context of the advertised position:
- Demonstrated high level and complex project management and analysis experience.
- A background in operations or research relevant to the minerals industry, with demonstrated knowledge of mining, mine tailings and mine waste management.
- Highly developed communication skills including negotiation and facilitation.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive relationships and networks and lead collaborations with a broad range of stakeholders to achieve outcomes.
Your application will be assessed by the panel for short listing purposes in relation to the job requirements and capabilities of the position outlined above.
Further in the selection process, the panel will assess your suitability for the position against a broader range of job requirements and capabilities. These are listed in the Job Description Form (JDF) and a link to the JDF is provided for your information.
Please note that completion of a National Police Clearance and pre-employment Conflict of Interest declaration will also form part of the selection process.
This position is also subject to a three (3) month probationary period.
Suitable applicants may be considered for other similar vacancies within the next twelve months.
For a confidential discussion please contact Nicole Roocke, CEO 0417 997 731 or email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 5.00 pm on Thursday 31 March 2022, (WST)