Level 3.1 VWGA $31.48 per hour
At VenuesWest our vision is to deliver world class sport and entertainment experiences. We take pride in owning and/or operating 13 of Western Australia’s major sporting and entertainment venues, including not only state-of-the-art Optus Stadium and the iconic RAC Arena, but also HBF Park, HBF Stadium, HBF Arena, Bendat Basketball Centre and Gold Netball Centre. Our portfolio of assets is currently valued at over $2 billion and continues to grow.
We play an extremely important role in the lives of Western Australians by offering opportunities for those pursuing elite sport, a range of options for individuals or families choosing to live healthy, active lifestyles and a variety of entertainment experiences for everyone.
VenuesWest maintains a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Our goal is to increase the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disabilities in our workforce.
People with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply for this vacancy and to identify themselves through the application questions.
This advertisement may be requested in other formats including Word, PDF, and large format by contacting People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
About the Role
The key role of the position of Aquatic Service Officer is to operate and maintain the aquatic centre facilities of VenuesWest for events, sports training and public use to deliver safe and high-quality customer and stakeholder experiences
We currently have casual opportunities based at both HBF Stadium in Mount Claremont and HBF Arena in Joondalup.
About the Person
We are looking for people who have the following:
- Experience as a pool attendant/lifeguard
- Customer service skills to ensure customers feel welcome and to cheerfully manage queries, and concerns
- Awareness to conduct testing, safety and security procedures, and respond in an emergency, and
- Initiative to work with others in event operations, maintenance and ensure high level presentation of the venue.
- A current Pool Lifeguard qualification
- A current Provide First Aid Certificate
- A current Provide CPR qualification
Desirable capabilities include:
- Pool Operators/Managers Certificate. LIWA accreditation
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Certificate
- Operate and Control Liquefied Chlorine Gas Disinfection or Work Safely with Liquefied Chlorine Gas Certification
For any further job related information please contact Tom Smith on 9441 8287 or Isabel Franzoni on 9300 7107.
For information on VenuesWest and its venues please visit our website www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
To apply for this position you must respond to the application questions (will appear when you click on Apply) and submit a copy of your current resume.
Remember to check the closing date and time for the job you are applying for, as the onus is on the applicant to ensure it is lodged correctly with all attachments and is received on time!
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply for Job’ button below.
For application assistance please contact People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have one of the following at the time of lodging your application:
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status
- a Special Category Visa with unrestricted stay and work rights for New Zealand citizens
- documentary evidence (i.e. working visa) of your entitlement to live and work in Australia for the duration of the fixed term appointment
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have the following at the time of commencement:
- National Police Clearance (obtained within the last three months)
- AHA COVID-19 – HOSPITALITY Hygiene Course: completion of this course prior to commencement is essential – as part of the onboarding process you will be required to upload the certificate of completion.
Please note that the appointee will bear the costs associated with the abovementioned eligibility requirements.
The successful candidate in this recruitment process will be required to undertake the following tests prior to commencement in the position:
- Pre-Employment Medical Check
This position requires the successful candidate to hold essential qualifications as listed in the job description.
As part of the recruitment process for all permanent and fixed term positions, People and Culture will screen candidates to ensure that they hold all essential qualifications for the position, or have the capability to complete the qualifications/certifications within an agreed timeframe.
Please note that the appointee will bear the initial costs associated with essential qualifications unless otherwise negotiated with VenuesWest as part of the employment contract.
- application guide - casual positions - 2018 05.docx
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader
Mount Claremont and Joondalup
2021-10-29 5:00 PM