DevelopmentWA is the State Government’s central development agency, formed through the merging of Western Australian Land Authority (LandCorp) and the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority (MRA). DevelopmentWA, under the powers of the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority Act 2011, has the power to plan, oversee, undertake and enable land revitalisation within five redevelopment areas: Central Perth, Armadale, Midland, Scarborough and Subiaco.
With a strong, clear vision, innovative design and planning – and in partnership with government, communities and industry – we are building a sense of place, promoting economic wellbeing and social inclusion, connecting people and communities, and protecting and restoring our environment wherever possible.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Study assistance and professional development opportunities
- A chance to contribute to the vibrancy of the Perth metropolitan area
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- 13 weeks Long Service Leave after 7 years’ service
- 17.5% leave loading
- 3 Public Service Holidays
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Purchased annual leave scheme
- Spacious and modern office overlooking Elizabeth Quay and close to all amenities
Suitable applicants, not recommended for the advertised position, may be considered competitive for permanent or fixed term employment opportunities in like positions and like locations during the next 18 months. If a fixed term appointment is made then consideration may then be given to offering a further term(s) or permanent appointment.
DevelopmentWA embraces Diversity and welcomes applications from people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
What We Are Looking For
We have an exciting opportunity for a person to join our vibrant and fast-paced team in the position of Planner. This position is responsible for providing and managing statutory planning activities for DevelopmentWA’s major redevelopment projects and redevelopment sectors/areas to facilitate delivery of high-quality outcomes. This position is also responsible for managing the investigation of complex planning and development issues and the provision of professional planning advice.
Please refer to the attached position description for a full description of the responsibilities and accountabilities for this position.
The position holder must have relevant experience in the land or property industry and demonstrate the following attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to urban and regional planning, urban design/architecture and/or development.
- Experience in urban and regional planning at a state and/or local level or in private practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of planning, urban design, heritage and environmental systems, legislation, methodologies and practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills including a high level of conceptual and analytical ability.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and customers.
- Well-developed report writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in an organisation with similar values and ethics to DevelopmentWA is highly desirable. DevelopmentWA Values are: Brilliance, Alliance, Courage and Integrity.
For Further Position Related Information
Please contact Ryan Keys, Head of Statutory Planning and Approvals on 08 9482 7552. For queries regarding the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and for further information about DevelopmentWA please visit www.developmentwa.com.au.
It is recommended that applicants review the Application Guidelines attached prior to lodging applications. Applicants are required to apply online by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.