- Principal Performance Auditor
PSCSAA, Level 6 - $102,966 to $113,590 per annum + 9.5% Super
- Senior Performance Auditor
PSCSAA, Level 5 - $89,047 to $97,994 per annum + 9.5% Super
- Performance Auditor
PSCSAA, Level 4 - $80,452 to $84,797 per annum + 9.5% Super
Do you want to help promote improvements to public services and programs?
We are interested in people with diverse experience and transferable skills. This could include performance auditing, financial literacy, internal auditing and management consulting. We value curiosity, tenacity and a desire to work in the public interest.
Performance auditors work in small teams and audit some of the largest and most complex programs and entities in the public sector. We look at operational performance, entity compliance with legislation, public sector policies and accepted good practice. When appropriate we make recommendations for improvement.
Our performance audit business units also perform inquiries into the reasonableness and appropriateness of Ministerial decisions to not to provide information to Parliament.
The Office of the Auditor General for Western Australia is an independent agency reporting directly to Parliament. We help keep Parliament informed on public sector accountability and performance; are a key source of independent and objective information for the community; and help promote change to improve public services.
With 180 State government entities and 148 local government entities across Western Australia, there is significant variety in assignments.
Check out some of our recent reports on our website: performance audit reports
Our ideal applicants will have:
- skills in critical thinking, research and analysis
- the ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally
- well-developed planning and organisational skills
- the ability to maintain productive and positive relationships.
As a Level 4, Performance Auditor you will
- be a team member contributing to projects and research tasks
- collect and analyse evidence to identify relevant findings
- communicate information and findings with your team.
As a Level 5, Senior Performance Auditor you will
- lead small projects or manage multiple research tasks
- assess and analyse evidence and form sound conclusions with minimal supervision
- draft written reports and communicate detailed information verbally and in writing
- facilitate cooperation and negotiate outcomes with internal and external stakeholders.
As a Level 6, Principal Performance Auditor you will
- lead small teams and undertake complex projects
- work independently to collect and analyse information, determine key findings and determine if further information is needed
- prepare complex written reports and succinctly communicate detailed information verbally and in writing
- facilitate cooperation, negotiate outcomes and develop team members.
How to apply:
Provide a current, comprehensive CV and a 2 page statement that:
- defines what makes you the ideal applicant, at the level best suited to your skills and experience – as outlined above
- includes 2 or more examples that clearly demonstrate the skills and experience you will transfer into this role.
Applicants must be willing to travel outside of the Perth CBD and to regional locations.
You must provide details of 2 recent referees to gain an interview. Referees will only be contacted for applicants recommended by the selection panel.
Suitable applicants will be placed in a recruitment pool that will run for a period of 8 months. The pool will be used to fill permanent and fixed term current and future opportunities. Offers will be made based on suitability for positions in either of the Office’s 2 performance audit business units.
Please note that being placed in the pool does not guarantee your placement in a position.
For further information regarding this position please contact Rowena Davis, Director Performance Audit on 6557 7732.
This position closes on Monday, 8 March 2021 at 12:00pm (noon).
Late and pro-forma applications will not be accepted
Applicants are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer that supports a work life balance.