DevelopmentWA is the State Government’s central development agency, formed through the merging of Western Australian Land Authority (LandCorp) and the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority (MRA). DevelopmentWA, under the powers of the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority Act 2011, has the power to plan, oversee, undertake and enable land revitalisation within five redevelopment areas: Central Perth, Armadale, Midland, Scarborough and Subiaco.
With a strong, clear vision, innovative design and planning – and in partnership with government, communities and industry – we are building a sense of place, promoting economic wellbeing and social inclusion, connecting people and communities, and protecting and restoring our environment wherever possible.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Study assistance and professional development opportunities
- A chance to contribute to the vibrancy of the Perth metropolitan area
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- 13 weeks long service leave after 7 years’ service
- 17.5% leave loading
- 3 public service holidays
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Purchased annual leave scheme
- Spacious and modern office overlooking Elizabeth Quay and close to all amentites
Suitable applicants, not recommended for the advertised positions, may be considered competitive for permanent or fixed term employment opportunities in like positions and like locations during the next 12 months. If a fixed term appointment is made then consideration may then be given to offering a further term(s) or permanent appointment.
Substantive Equality Statement
DevelopmentWA embraces Diversity and welcomes applications from people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
What We Are Looking For
We have an exciting opportunity for two people to join our vibrant and fast-paced team in the positions of Manager Statutory Planning. These positions are responsible for leading a team of statutory planners to undertake statutory planning activities for specific redevelopment project(s) and/or redevelopment areas/sectors enabling high quality outcomes and ensuring compliance with Parts 5 and 6 of the MRA Act. These positions are also responsible for managing the investigation of complex planning and development issues and the provision of professional planning advice.
Please refer to the attached position description for a full description of the responsibilities and accountabilities for these positions.
The position holders must have relevant extensive experience in the land or property industry and demonstrate the following attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to urban and regional planning, urban design /architecture and/or development
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of planning, urban design and environmental systems, legislation, methodologies and practices
- Demonstrated experience in statutory implementation within complex urban environments.
- Extensive experience in urban and regional planning at a state and local level or in private practice.
- Experience in heritage requirements and environmental approval processes including remediation requirements.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing teams including effective management of finance, physical and human resources.
- Project management experience and proved ability in achieving project outcomes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills including high level conceptual and analytical ability.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and customer sand deliver quality customer service.
- Experience in an organisation with similar values and ethics to DevelopmentWA is highly desirable.
For Further Position Related Information
Please contact Ryan Keys, Head of Statutory Planning and Approvals on 08 9482 7552. For queries regarding the recruitment process please contact HR at email@example.com and for further information about DevelopmentWA please visit www.developmentwa.com.au.
It is recommended that applicants review the Application Guidelines attached prior to lodging your application. Applicants are required to apply online by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
To apply for this position please submit a current comprehensive CV and a statement addressing the Success Factors.