People need to get to work, home and everywhere in between and businesses rely on our roads. With a rich history dating back to 1926 and exciting future ahead, Main Roads Western Australia is the WA State Government agency responsible for managing the State's road network safely, connecting people and places. Main Roads is not just about roads. It’s about people.
Why we need you
This position, based in East Perth as part of the Term Contracts team, will see you become an integral part of an experienced team that supports the delivery of road maintenance and capital works in regions across Western Australia through the development, implementation and management of term contracts; and the provision of expert advice and governance in relation to regional delivery activities. As a member of this team, you will manage planned road and bridge construction and maintenance works under various forms of contracts and play a key role in developing and implementing future contracts that align with corporate objectives.
To be successful you will:
- Be able to demonstrate experience in contract development and contract management in a civil construction environment,
- Have strong negotiation skills and work effectively to resolve conflict in a contractual environment
- Have experience managing finances, resources and contracts in a civil project environment
- Be able to develop positive, professional working relationships
- Have some knowledge of civil infrastructure procurement practices
What We Offer
At Main Roads you can have a challenging, flexible and rewarding career that takes you exactly where you want to go with an organisation who supports a healthy work-life balance to help with what’s important to you.
In addition to rewarding work, the security of a permanent position, our competitive salary and 9.5% superannuation, some of the benefits to working with Main Roads include:
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible working arrangements
- Attractive leave provisions
- Training and development opportunities
- Health and wellbeing focus
The road ahead starts with a single step
Please submit the following as part of your application:
- A comprehensive CV demonstrating your relevant skills and abilities
- A copy of required licences and qualifications listed in the Job Role Statement
- A statement outlining your skill, knowledge and experience in the following three (3) criteria in no more than three (3) pages:
- Contract development and management for various forms of contracts
- One or more of road and/or bridge construction and maintenance
- Building and enhancing stakeholder relationships
For questions about the role, contact Kyran Thorpe on (08) 9323 4488.
For any general enquires email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you are ready, click the ‘apply’ button. Allow plenty of time to submit your application as late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
As an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to attracting and retaining a culturally diverse workforce and in line with our commitment to improve diversity, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
If you have any support or access needs that may require adjustments to allow you to fully participate in this selection process, please contact Julia Formato-Stockman on (08) 9323 4413 or email email@example.com.
All selection criteria listed in the Job Role Statement will be tested throughout the selection process.
You may need to complete a medical questionnaire and obtain a national police clearance to be appointed to this position.
Subject to business requirements and your suitability for this role, we may consider you for appointment to similar vacancies.
To help us find the best candidate we may undertake an executive search.