Level 1 PSCSAA $60,190 - $68,636 per annum
At VenuesWest our vision is to be Australia’s leading provider of sport and entertainment venues and precincts. We take pride in owning and/or operating 14 of Western Australia’s major sporting and entertainment venues, including not only the world class Optus Stadium and the iconic RAC Arena, but also HBF Park, HBF Stadium, HBF Arena, Bendat Basketball Centre and Gold Netball Centre.
We play an extremely important role in the lives of Western Australians by offering opportunities for those pursuing elite sport, a range of options for individuals or families choosing to live healthy, active lifestyles and a variety of entertainment experiences for everyone.
About the Role
VenuesWest has an exciting opportunity to enter the venue operations and events industry. The Administration Officer provides administration support for the Venue Delivery & Operations team and Sports & Events team to maximise operational efficiency and optimise customer satisfaction. Reporting to the Manager Venue Delivery and Operations, the role provides administrative assistance through preparation of correspondence, coordinating meetings, preparing reports and event documentation.
This is a full time, fixed term opportunity until September 2024 with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
Whilst the position will be based at HBF Stadium in Mount Claremont, mobility may be required between the portfolio of facilities.
What We Offer
Working with VenuesWest comes with a number of benefits:
- A free membership to our gym and aquatic centres
- Access to staff fitness classes
- Access to free counselling for employees and their immediate families through our Employment Assistance Provider
- Payment for re-qualification for essential qualifications and certifications
- Access to salary packaging arrangements
- A fantastic social club and culture program with lots of activities
- Optical reimbursements for office-based staff (after 12 months employment)
- Annual flu vaccinations
- 50% discount on kid’s programs
- Corporate health insurance discounts
- A comprehensive learning and development program
- Free on-site parking
- Sponsorship for participation in community, sporting and charity events
About the Person
The successful candidate will have strong administrative and communication skills and the ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders.
For any further job-related information please contact Graham Hush on 9441 8271.
For information on VenuesWest and its venues please visit our website www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
To apply for this position, you must provide:
- copy of your current resume and
- cover letter detailing your skills and experience which demonstrate how you meet the following essential capability in the context of this position:
- Previous demonstrated experience in providing administrative support.
- Evidence of your right to work in Australia – Australian Birth Certificate; Australian Citizenship Certificate; or passport
A full copy of the Job Description is available as a PDF below, which includes a complete list of the capabilities required to fulfil this role.
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply for Job’ button below. A step by step guide to applying online is available in pdf format below to assist you in this process.
For application assistance please contact People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have the following at the time of commencement:
- Right to Work in Australia for the duration of the employment contract
- National Police Clearance
Please note that the appointee will bear the costs associated with the abovementioned eligibility requirements.
VenuesWest maintains a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Our goal is to increase the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, women in leadership, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in our workforce. Sections of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 for measures to achieve equality may be applied to this process.
Candidates from these backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this vacancy and to identify themselves through the application questions.
This advertisement may be requested in other formats including Word, PDF, and large format by contacting People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
Applicants who are found suitable, but not recommended for the vacancy, may be considered for subsequent vacancies for 12 months in accordance with Part 5 (General Appointment) of the Commissioner’s Instructions No.2: Filling a Public Sector Vacancy.
- FACT SHEET - Equal Opportunity Act - Measures Intended to Achieve Equality - 2023 08
- JDF - VM - Venues Venue Delivery - Administration Officer - 06302 - 2023 09.docx
- VenuesWest Applicant Guide
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader
Fixed Term - Full Time
2023-09-26 5:00 PM