Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP773111
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023.
Rockingham Senior High School (RSHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and committed Associate Principal.
In collaboration with the Principal and the executive team, the Associate Principal will provide high level strategic leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school’s vision, business plan and strategic directions across the school community. A significant responsibility of the Associate Principal is to lead the academic directions of the school. This will be achieved through leading the Head of Learning Area’s and other staff who are leading academics. The school has implemented a whole school Instructional Framework that all teachers use. We are also upskilling staff, through a coaching model, to use Direct Instruction in the classroom when required. The role includes working with the Operations Manager to ensure OLNA. NAPLAN, timetable etc are all undertaken in a timely manner. See attached Strategic Directions Document that has been developed for the current RSHS Business Plan.
Rockingham SHS nurtures the 'whole child' to attain their personal best so that they achieve the school mission to 'develop the understandings, skills and attitudes relevant to their individual needs, thereby fulfilling their potential and contributing to the development of our society'. The school recognises the importance of student engagement to achieve best performance and provides a diverse range of programs to accommodate student interest, strengths and aspirations for their future education, training and employment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rockingham Senior High School can be found by visiting www.rockingham.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Stan Koios Principal by telephoning 9527 0300 or emailing Stan.Koios@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Stan Koios on 0407196882.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process. .
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 17 October 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.