Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS757928
The School of Special Education Needs: Disability (SSEN: D) is seeking to establish a pool of Administrative Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2023.
Suitable applicants will provide administrative and clerical support to the Principal and work units. The Administrative Assistant prepares and distributes meeting agendas and minutes, manages incoming telephone calls, visitor enquires, diary appointments, meetings, emails, and other communication. Suitable applicants will also assist with travel arrangements for staff and the support and induction of school support staff. In this role you will assist the Manager Corporate Services with the checking and processing of professional learning applications, general human resource duties, budget preparation and other administrative tasks as directed. The Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for maintaining various SSEN:D databases and spreadsheets. Appointments are made working out of our metropolitan hubs based in Padbury and South Lake.
SSEN:D provides state-wide support to schools to maximise learning outcomes for students with diagnosed and imputed disability. We provide consultancy services to educators, contextualised and evidence based professional learning, online research, information, resources and practical support. SSEND is committed to building the capacity of teachers and school-based staff to deliver effective classroom programs that value the diversity of students in inclusive learning environments. Our staff foster a collaborative and friendly working environment where each team member is valued for their contribution to our school.
SSEN:D is one of seven Specialist Schools within the Department that operates within a federation of four schools of Special Educational Need, including the School of Special Educational Needs: Behaviour and Engagement (SSENBE), the School of Special Educational Needs: Medical and Mental Health (SSENMMH) and the School of Special Educational Needs: Sensory (SSENS) to coordinate support for schools where possible and to share resources and expertise.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good financial management skills, including input into budget preparation, purchasing and asset management, and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Experience in providing effective administrative support, including diary management and travel bookings and processing.
- Good keyboarding and computer skills, including knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise with individuals at all levels and build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Initiative and good organisational skills with the ability to identify prioritises and meet conflicting deadlines.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about the School of Special Education Needs: Disability can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Amanda Chick, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9402 6184 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- Completed Admin Assistant CV Template
- Completed Admin Assistant Written Statement template
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 15 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.