Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS717518
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2021
Are you willing to be a part of one of the most innovative schools in W.A?
Carine Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Manager Technology and Communications.
We are a seeking a highly qualified and organised applicant who is collaborative, a problem solver and an effective communicator with staff. A capacity to manage time, resources and staff is highly desirable for this role. Carine SHS is a large school with the added complexity of having another new build commencing in 2022. Together with a large staff and student population, the successful applicant will need to be adept at task management, delegation and completion in a determined time frame.
Carine SHS is a co-educational secondary school, located in the North West suburbs of Perth close to the ocean and approximately 15 kilometres from the city centre. Carine SHS represents the very best that government schools have to offer and is a proud independent public school as evidenced by winning the WA Secondary School of the Year in 2017. The school has a very high student retention rate, an experienced staff and an active School Council, made up of students, parents, staff and community members. The school has achieved an enviable reputation for strong academic achievement and pastoral care.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Strategic ICT planning skills and the ability to formulate recommendations consistent with business plans and priorities.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills relevant to technical support, including the ability to manage conflicting priorities and demands whilst maintaining customer service principles and practices.
- Substantial experience in managing ICT networks and projects, including strategic risk mitigation and change management.
- Knowledge of software licensing and IT copyright obligations and regulations.
- Well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to lead a team, establish collaborative working relationships and work independently.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Carine Senior High School can be found by visiting carinehs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Tracy Griffiths, Associate Principal by telephoning (08) 9243 9100 or emailing Tracy.Griffiths@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.