Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE670300
This is a twenty (20) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension and/or permanency
The Residential Colleges Branch is responsible for the provision of student residential colleges for school students in Years 7–12 who are boarding away from home. This includes accommodation, meals, student care and development and educational and recreational resources and programs.
To be able to offer support in the transition of student residential colleges to the Department of Education, the Residential Colleges Branch is seeking an experienced, and enthusiastic Principal Consultant with expertise in financial management, policy and processes relevant to the provision of a high qualify boarding service.
The successful applicant will establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and be responsible for managing various projects including the creation and modification of policies, procedures and strategies that directly impact student residential colleges.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of issues impacting on the provision of student residential colleges across the State and the requirements and strategic directions of the Department.
- Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to effectively consult at a senior level, across a broad range of settings within the public and private sectors.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and investigation skills and the ability to make recommendations and identify innovative solutions to problems and issues.
- Highly developed skills in applying strategic thinking and providing strategic options to achieve outcomes; and establishing and implementing effective change management strategies.
- Highly developed program management skills, including project planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Daniel Sudlow, Manager Residential Colleges, by telephoning (08) 9264 5432 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of a maximum four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED