The Department of Communities brings together the services and functions of disability services, child protection and family support, housing, community initiatives and regional services reform.
The Senior Child Protection Worker Placement Services works collaboratively with District staff, foster carers, community groups and other stakeholders, to build local capacity and resources to meet the placement and care needs of children in the care of the Department.
- providing and coordinating support to foster carers, and promoting local practice;
- participating in planning decisions involving children in our care; and
- ensuring Departmental statutory obligations and practice standards are complied with in relation to child placements.
The successful applicant will have sound understanding of the issues and trends around alternative care of children and be able to build strong working relationships within the team, the community and with culturally diverse families.
This is a permanent, full time opportunity in Esperance.
The Esperance office has a small team of less than ten staff and is one of the four district offices in the Goldfields District. The office provides services to children and families in an area which covers Norseman 200km to the north and Ravensthorpe 200km to the east.
The attached Job Description Form (JDF) provides more information about the position. For further information we encourage you to contact Lisa Devine, A/Assistant District Director, on (08) 9072 3000 or Lisa.Devine@communities.wa.gov.au.
Applicants assessed as suitable through this process may be considered for future similar vacancies within the next 12 months.
You must have a Bachelors degree in Social Work, Psychology or relevant human services area to be eligible for this position. All overseas qualifications must also be assessed for Australian equivalency. Refer to our website for information about the qualification requirements for this role, and how we will be assessing your qualifications.
Join the Department of Communities
Apply online by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button (above or below) and provide the following documents in Word or PDF format only:
- A current resume/CV.
- A three (3) page written application addressing all of the Essential Work-Related Requirements (Selection Criteria) as stated on the JDF.
- A copy of your degree certificate and academic transcript (plus unit descriptors and/or overseas qualification assessment if applicable).
- A copy of all qualification/s (regardless of the relevance to the role) as specified in your application or resume/CV (if applicable).
- An application form (for hard copy applications only).
For technical difficulties while applying online, general recruitment enquiries, or to request any document in an alternative format, please contact a HR team member at HRHub@communities.wa.gov.au.
We can also be contacted via the National Relay Service on the following numbers:
TTY/voice calls - 133 677
Speak & Listen - 1300 555 727
SMS relay - 0423 677 767
Equity and Diversity
The Department of Communities embraces diversity and firmly believes that the best services come from a workplace, where varied viewpoints are welcomed and encouraged every day. We are committed to creating an equitable and diverse workforce, where we encourage applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, women and youth.
If you have any access needs that may require adjustments to allow you to fully participate in the application and interview process, or alternative methods of communication, please contact HR at HRHub@communities.wa.gov.au. If you are an Aboriginal person who would like assistance with your application, please contact Jobs and Skills WA on 13 64 64.
Lodgement is system generated. Any emailed applications or late submissions on or after 4:00pm will not be accepted.
- Application Form
- Child Protection Qualification Framework
- JDF - Senior Child Protection Worker Placement Services
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.