Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE635254
This is a five (5) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing ASAP with possible extension
The Department of Education’s Early Childhood Education branch is seeking to appoint a highly professional individual to fill the role of Principal Consultant.
As an integral member of the branch, you will be responsible for providing professional advice and support to the Executive Director, Director and Managers. This includes implementation of ‘best practice’ early childhood initiatives, strategies, and standards. Key responsibilities include developing and providing professional learning for early childhood educators, and assisting schools to meet the seven National Quality Standards. Additional responsibilities include providing advice for senior officers and schools relating to Early Childhood Education, including contemporary curriculum and pedagogical practice.
Utilising highly developed communication skills, the Principal Consultant will be required to collaborate and consult with both internal and external stakeholders, including Departmental staff and other agencies, including representing the Department on advisory groups and committees when required.
The Early Childhood Education Branch has responsibility for implementing state and national early childhood education reforms, including National Partnerships and Agreements, which are delivering significant changes to early childhood education in Western Australia. This includes policy leadership for the early years of schooling and liaison across education sectors and government and non-government agencies.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- High-level knowledge of, and experience with the legislative framework and policies that impact on Early Childhood Education.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and research skills, with the ability to develop projects, initiatives, strategies and guidelines.
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate, negotiate and provide consultancy advice on Early Childhood Education.
- Highly developed skills and experience in planning and implementing professional learning for early childhood educators and leaders.
- High-level written communication skills in developing reports, briefings and correspondence.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Robyn Kinkade, Manager, by telephoning (08) 6206 2064 or emailing Robyn.Kinkade@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
In the first instance applicants will be asked to address Work Related Requirements 1, 3, 4 and 5.
Requirement 2, will also be assessed within your CV and via an interview process. These results will form part of the overall assessment.
It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements 1, 3, 4 and 5, in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED