Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP635004
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020. The position may start in 2021 based on your availability after a discussion with your current Principal.
Rockingham Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Associate Principal to join their friendly team.
In collaboration with the Principal and other members of the administrative team, the Associate Principal, provides educational leadership in the school and the community by helping develop and promote the school values, ethos and priorities, and encouraging school staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals. The successful applicant will use effective change management strategies to assist the school community to accept and develop opportunities for improved service. You will assist the school Principal to facilitate workforce effectiveness in leading and motivating school staff in planning that is directed at improving outcomes for students and the level of service delivered by the school whilst contributing to the development of the school plan through participative decision-making, including assisting in developing policy, and establishing and maintaining systems.
Rockingham SHS provides an excellent academic program in an exemplary caring environment for secondary students within the Western Australian Public Education System. The school's vision for teaching and learning is to ensure that our students are provided with every opportunity to learn and grow in a positive and united school culture, while contributing and adding value to the broader school community.
Rockingham SHS is currently involved in the Fogarty Edvanced program. Through this program we have developed a clear Strategic Directions document based on our Business Plan, our data and evidenced based best practises. The Business Plan and Directions documents are attached below.
Our school nurtures the 'whole child' to attain their personal best so that they achieve the school mission to 'develop the understandings, skills and attitudes relevant to their individual needs, thereby fulfilling their potential and contributing to the development of our society'.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rockingham SHS can be found by visiting www.rockingham.wa.edu.au, Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Stan Koios, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9527 0300 or emailing Stan.Koios@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) pages statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.