Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS634566
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020
Cyril Jackson Senior Campus Education Support Centre (SCESC) is looking to appoint a dedicated Workplace Learning Coordinator (WPL) to join their friendly team.
The responsibilities of the WPL will be to coordinate the WPL program, locate appropriate industry placements and to conduct site checks.
Cyril Jackson Cyril Jackson (SCESC) is located in the Perth suburb of Bassendean and enrols students with disability from 10 to 13 years old. The school shares a site with Cyril Jackson Senior Campus, which enrols compulsory schooling and mature-age students. The two schools maximise student learning opportunities by sharing facilities, staff, resources and integrated learning programs.
A range of career and community focused School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) courses, endorsed programs, and Vocational Education and Training (VET) Certificate courses and Units of Competency are offered to develop student independence and confidence in preparation for a successful transition beyond school. Highly personalised planning guides individual learning and pathway options, which are complemented by tailored work experience placements. Formal accreditation for learning is embedded across the school’s programs with progress reflected in students’ individual education plans (IEP), reports and the Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE). The school has been recognised by the Department as a ‘Distinctive School’ for the leadership of Person Centred Planning: Big Plan and ASDAN delivery.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge of Vocational Education and Training and Workplace Learning programs and the ability to facilitate school/industry partnerships.
- Well developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Well developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cyril Jackson Senior Campus Education Support Centre can be found by visiting www.cyriljacksonesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Becc Dalgleish, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9413 4850 or emailing Rebecca.Dalgleish@education.wa.edu.au
During the vacation period please contact Becc Dalgleish, Manager Corporate Services, on 0413595295.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 7 July 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.