ChemCentre is Western Australia’s leading chemical and forensic service provider. ChemCentre provides a comprehensive range of scientific services, working with a wide range of clients including Government Agencies, universities, environmental consultants, primary producers, exporters, retailers and the general public. Through the provision of chemical information, advice and analytical services ChemCentre also mitigates risks to government, protect the community and environment and support sustainable development.
The Scientific Services Division provides services including complex chemical analysis, problem solving and investigate and collaborative research projects. The activities are involved with the environment, public and occupational health, emergency response, state based industries and State development.
This position is being offered on a 12-month Fixed Term contract basis with the possibility for extension or permanency subject to funding and conditions. A National Police Clearance and Hepatitis B Immunity is required prior to employment. The successful applicant will also require Alcohol and Drug Test clearance and may be asked to provide a buccal swab sample for a staff DNA elimination database.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional who can demonstrate the ability to transfer a sound understanding of organic analytical chemistry to the analysis of food and agricultural samples.
Suitable applicants may be considered for like positions within 6 months from the date of finalisation of the selection process.
ChemCentre is located in Bentley at Curtin University. We offer our staff career advancement, professional development and flexible working arrangements to balance personal life and work.
The Primary Industry Section is looking for an enthusiastic person with the following attributes:
- A degree or higher qualification in Chemistry or antother relevants science is mandatory.
- The ability to demonstrate scientific knowledge relevant to quantitative organic analytical chemistry.
- The ability to contribute to the development of analytical methods applicable to a wide range of food and agriculture samples.
- Demonstrated experience with modern analytical organic chemistry instrumentation relevant to food and agriculture including, but not limited to, gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; liquid chromatography; liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry; UV spectroscopy.
- The ability to produce high quality work in a commercial environment and an understanding of commercial principles.
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within a team.
- Demonstrated experience and/or understanding of data processing (including but not limited to instrument software packages).
- Demonstrated experience and/or understanding of extraction and clean up procedures used to deal with food and agriculture sample matrices.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit: A fully completed online application form (this generates when you select ‘Apply for Job’ button).
- A copy of your Academic Record and evidence of your degree
- Comprehensive CV
- Written statement demonstrating your ability to meet the role specific criteria as listed in the job description form attached.
Interviews are scheduled to take place during the week commencing 20 April 2020.
For more information about ChemCentre see www.chemcentre.wa.gov.au for specific job related information contact Angela Downey on 08 9422 9965.
If you experience difficulties applying on line please contact 9422 9808 and advise the position of interest.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOUR APPLICATION IS RECEIVED ON TIME. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Equality and Diversity Statement
ChemCentre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages Indigenous Australians, young people, people with a disability, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and women to apply for positions within our agency.