Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS604710
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020
Herne Hill Primary School is seeking a reliable and dedicated Gardener – Handyperson to join their friendly team.
Suitable applicants will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. Suitable applicants will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines. The applicant must have initiative and be able to liaise with staff positively.
Herne Hill Primary School is situated in the Swan Valley. Set in superb grounds with lush gardens. A feature of the school is the strong sense of community involvement and tradition of support for the P & C and its committees. In return, the school enjoys a very positive image within the community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Herne Hill PS please visit www.hernehillps.com or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Amanda Kelley Principal, by telephoning (08) 9296 4911 or emailing Amanda.Kelley@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Amanda Kelley, Principal, on (08) 9296 4911 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 December 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.