Broome Prison is situated in the beautiful town of Broome, which offers a lovely lifestyle. The prison is a busy remand prison with maximum, medium and minimum male and female prisoners.
Offering an exciting opportunity to a suitability qualified Mental Health Nurse with extensive skills and experience in the Alcohol and Other Drugs field to work in this permanent position for 40 hours per fortnight. You will be working within a small cohesive primary health care team led by the Clinical Nurse Manager, where team work is valued.
Job related requirements
The Mental Health Alcohol and Other Drugs (MHAOD) nurse is responsible for conducting risk assessments, participating in prisoner risk assessment management processes, and provides overall care coordination for patients with mental health and AOD issues.
Please see the attached JDF for more information about the Role Specific Responsibilities of this position. All Departmental employees are required to undergo a National Criminal History check.
Further job related information
If you are interested in this position and would like further information on the role, contact Carol Cullen on 08 9193 8515.
How to apply
The Department preferred method of application is via the Apply Now button below. You will be required to complete relevant personal information and attach documents as requested.
- Provide a current resume including the contact details of 2 recent work referees and a 2 page statement outlining in broad terms your suitability for the role. Please do not provide a statement against each of the work related criteria.
Any remaining work related requirements as listed in the JDF may be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
Please ensure that at least 1 referee is a current or recent supervisor/line manager.
Forwarding your application
To apply applicants are requested to:
Apply online (Preferred)
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen
- Complete all of the online application questions
- Attach all required documentation
- Complete application for vacancy form which is attached to the advert
- Attach all required documentation and ensure all the above is stapled
- Post your completed application to:
DOJ Recruiting Branch
Department of Justice
GPO Box F317, PERTH WA 6841
- Applications received after the closing date/time or applications sent to us by email cannot be accepted.
- As we prefer to contact you by email for any interview or other matter, you are encouraged to apply online and provide a current valid e-mail address.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Department upholds a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation.
Applicants who are found suitable may be considered for similar vacancies at level over a 12 month period.