Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH849796
This is a thirty-six (36) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 4, 2023
Muludja Remote Community School (RCS) is seeking an Early Childhood Teacher to join their high quality remote school.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Attractive Remote Teaching Service Allowance of $18,120 a year
- Locality allowance of $4,589 a year
- Attraction and Retention Incentive of $7,000 see info below
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- 10 weeks Remote Teaching Service leave upon completion of six semesters of continuous service, or 22 weeks after eight semesters
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised leave travel during major vacations
- Free GROH housing
- Airconditioning Subsidy
- Free furniture relocation (same support offered after completion of the contract)
- Long term furniture storage while in GROH accommodation
- Vehicle relocation
Teachers and School Administrators employed at Muludja Remote Community School in 2023 are eligible to receive an Attraction and Retention Incentive of $7,000 (pa, gross – to be adjusted pro rata for FTE and tenure). Eligible staff will receive a percentage of this payment on commencement at the school, with the remainder paid at the end of the school year. Staff must remain employed in the location until the end of the school year to be eligible to receive the second payment.
The ARI payment is in addition to other incentives that may apply in this school.
You may be eligible for HELP/HECS assistance if you are working in a very remote location – click here for details
About the role
Successful applicants will ideally be passionate, motivated, and skilled educators who are committed to improving literacy and numeracy outcomes for every child, every day, through our whole school approaches, explicit teaching, and instructional strategies.
It is highly desirable that applicants are committed to developing positive relationships with students, parents, staff, and the wider community. Applicants should possess a strong capacity to plan challenging and engaging programs using an excellent understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum.
We are seeking applicants who are innovative and possess high quality teaching skills and knowledge. They will ideally be committed to ongoing professional growth and development, support current whole school processes and be collegial, effective collaborators.
At the Muludja RCS, our motto is 'Binyidi, Smart and Skudda'. Also known as the 'Muludja Way', the motto builds on our Stronger Smarter philosophy which respects the traditional owners, the Gooniyandi people.
Binyidi means strong/hard in Gooniyandi which represents the strength and identity students get through their local Aboriginal culture.
Smart is for the learning in Standard Australian English that happens at school which serves as a bridge between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal culture.
Skudda means awesome or deadly in Kriol as the students' first language.
The location and community
Located approximately 33km from Fitzroy Crossing our school is seen as the bridge between different cultures in the region.
Our teachers are usually from vastly different cultural backgrounds and enjoy a strong bond with their students and families. We strive to build an authentic and interactive experience for teachers and their students.
For more information about Fitzroy Crossing visit Fitzroy Crossing - Destination - Tourism Western Australia
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at email@example.com or on (08) 9264 5154.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Muludja Remote Community School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Natasha Francis, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Muludja Remote Community, by telephoning (08) 9167 0070 or emailing Natasha.firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Natasha Francis on 0439 069 106.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.; and
- Meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.