Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS845115
North Woodvale Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
With a reputation for quality and excellence in education, our vision at North Woodvale PS is to provide a caring and supportive environment in which each child is able to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to reach their full potential becoming positive contributors to society.
This is a high-profile position that ideally requires excellent interpersonal skills. We are seeking individuals who have the capacity to be a positive team member as well as able to work independently and show initiative in their daily tasks. As a School Officer you would be the first point of contact for our school and may be responsible for providing accurate advice and support to parents, students, staff and community members. Ideally using your exemplary communication skills, the role would see you undertake reception duties including greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to student-related activities, such as assisting with student enrolment procedures. The role also assists the Manager Corporate Services in the daily financial aspects of the school including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and preparing financial returns. It would be advantageous to have a range of software experience to enhance our administration processes and provide effective marketing and communication strategies.
The successful applicant will ideally model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery as well as the ability to work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff and our school community and teaching staff and able to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment. In this role. Knowledge of school base systems such as Integris, RM Finance and Student Information System (SIS) would be desirable.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Woodvale Primary School can be found by visiting northwoodvale.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Jade Brennan, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning 0408 511 418 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Jade Brennan on 0408 511 418
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 October 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.