Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP845977
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Perth Modern School is seeking an innovative and passionate Deputy Principal to join their leadership team.
In collaboration with the Principal and the Executive team, the Deputy Principal should provide high level strategic leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school’s vision, business plan and strategic directions across the school community. A significant priority of the Deputy Principal is to embed and maintain aspects of the school culture that promote positive relationships between students and staff while engaging parents, caregivers and the wider community in the educational work of the school.
As an integral member of the executive leadership team, you will ideally lead and develop innovative solutions; establish and maintain collaborative and productive relationships with stakeholders and build a culture of professional excellence with school leaders, teachers and allied staff so that our students are future-ready and able to contribute effectively to the wider community.
The successful applicant should have excellent communication and public relation skills, building and maintaining collaborative and respectful partnerships across the school and wider community to share ownership of the school vision. You will ideally possess exceptional interpersonal, organisational, and instructional leadership skills as you lead teams to drive school improvement, developing and maintaining positive relationships with all stakeholders.
Perth Modern School is Western Australia's only fully academically selective school for gifted students in Years 7 to 12. Centrally located in Subiaco, the School provides a differentiated and compacted curriculum that develops the individual skills and abilities of academically gifted students. Professional, enthusiastic, merit selected staff provide a broad range of subjects and activities tailored to the special needs of gifted students. Our teachers' deep subject knowledge and passion for their vocation ensures that Perth Modern School students are continually engaged and challenged.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Perth Modern School can be found by visiting perthmodern.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Robyn Verboon, Vice Principal, by telephoning 0408 955 259 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Robyn Verboon on 0408 955 259
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 16 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.