Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS843033
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
Students who belong (dandjoo), learn (kaadatj), and achieve (woola), that is Hillman Primary School's commitment to our students and community. We continually strive to be the best learning community we can be, where our students develop a strong sense of belonging and where excellence in learning and achievement is at the core. We truly believe that all students can learn and be successful.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream, you will be a highly valued colleague at our school. You will perform tasks that require discretion and judgement in achieving clearly defined outcomes determined by the teacher. Suitable applicants will, under teacher direction, assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs and implement individual or small group programs, including the operation of computers and digital technologies. They will assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources, for use in classes, displays and demonstrations and assisting the teacher with clean and safe storage of items.
Suitable applicants will assist the teacher with the care and supervision of students in out-of-class activities and on school excursions. Previous experience in facilitating intervention programs, such as, MiniLit and MacqLit is not essential, however, would be highly desirable.
Delivering an orderly learning environment, through a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) framework will be important to the role. Our matrix encourages children to achieve our core values of “Respect, Responsibility, Resilience and Relationships". Applicants are encouraged to display how they manage students with challenging behaviours in ways that preserve the integrity of the child. Our students are supported in their social and emotional wellbeing using evidence-based approaches; including the Zones of Regulation program.
Suitable applicants will ideally possess a well-developed interpersonal acumen, be resilient, trustworthy and exhibit high levels of self-awareness. They will use these skills to create a welcoming and vibrant environment for students and families.
Hillman Primary School caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. We are committed to high expectations and the achievement of excellence for all our students. There is a strong focus on pastoral care and our dedicated staff work collaboratively to meet the learning and wellbeing needs of our students. We are committed to open and proactive partnerships and relationships with families and the broader school community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hillman Primary School can be found by visiting Facebook or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Alex Di Felice, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9553 8300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Alex Di Felice on email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.