Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS844823
This is a permanent part time (0.38FTE – 3 hours per day, 3pm to 6pm) position commencing Term 4, 2023
Mount Manypeaks Primary School (PS) is seeking a hardworking and reliable individual to join their team in the role of Cleaner.
As a Cleaner – working alone you would close the school, carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. You would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required. Additionally, you will be required to complete vacation cleaning duties, which may include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required. You would also be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns and respond to issues raised by other school staff. You will also work alongside and liaise with the relevant line manager in relation to cleaning matters.
Mount Manypeaks PS is located 40km east of Albany on the South Coast Hwy, is nestled between bushland, forests and farms. The motto of 'Endeavour' encourages children to aspire to reach their full potential, both within our school and in the community in which they live
Our school comprises two energetic classrooms of children. The Senior Room engages our Year 3 - Year 6 children and the Junior Room is for our delightful Kindergarten- Year 2 children. The children actively support recycling, are energy conscious and thrive on their opportunity to work in their vegetable garden. Our well-equipped school kitchen is a hive of activity with healthy cooking, taking advantage of the children's vegetable garden.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners, and pressure cleaners.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials, and chemicals.
- Initiative and good organisational skills.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Mount Manypeaks Primary School please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Fiona Mountford, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9846 1500 or emailing Fiona.Mountford@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Fiona Mounford on Fiona.Mountford@education.wa.edu.au and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A three (3) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
You will need to demonstrate the following Work Related Requirements:
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines
- Knowledge of and ability to use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals
- Initiative and good organisational skills
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
- Email your completed application form and documents to Fiona.Mountford@education.wa.edu.au before the closing date and time
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 43731 South Coast Highway, Manypeaks before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.00pm (WST) on Thursday, 12 October 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.