Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP845535
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2023
As a Deputy Principal at our school, you will be an excellent educator, who possesses the ability to collaborate with, and coach our teachers to achieve outstanding student results. You will be driven, and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to be able to engage with individuals at all levels. Knowledge of Explicit Instruction Pedagogy will be highly regarded.
At Baynton West Primary School our goal is to raise the academic and non-academic standards of our students. The successful applicant will have high levels of team work, engagement with the Western Australian Curriculum and a willingness to work collaboratively. We are looking for applicants who possess well developed interpersonal skills and who are creative and innovative thinkers.
We are a high-performing regional school with a strong vision which encompasses the concept that children are the heart of the school; each child and their family is integral to the school community and the motto of 'growth and inspiration' relates to each child being supported to reach their potential, in partnership with the school, their families and the wider community.
Our school staff are committed to building positive relationships, with the motivation to pursue excellence. Our dedicated and professional teachers maintain an environment which supports each child every day to achieve their personal best. Staff employ evidence-based strategies within a defined whole-school approach to maximise the effect they have on student learning. In addition, we constantly aim to deliver the highest standards of pastoral care and support services in order to enable our students to thrive.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Baynton West Primary School can be found by visiting bwps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Lisa Ledger, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9187 6200 or emailing Lisa.Ledger@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Lisa Ledger on 0400213668
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 16 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.