Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH824285
This is a three (3) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2023 with possible extension and/or permanency
Warnbro Community High School (CHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and committed Mathematics Teacher to join their team.
Our moral purpose is ‘to make a positive difference to the lives of young people’. As a teacher at Warnbro CHS, you will be part of a vibrant professional learning community committed to engaging in practice supported by evidence and research to best meet the need of our students. Warnbro CHS is embedding an explicit teaching approach and your role as a teacher in Mathematics will be to translate this learning into practice.
To be successful at Warnbro CHS:
- Value collaboration and personal professional development and are committed to lifelong learning
- Actively seek and respond to feedback
- Show resilience and self-awareness
- Understand the impact of trauma on learning and adolescent development
- Seek to foster positive relationships with our students and their families
- Maintain school-wide consistent practices
The successful applicant will ideally be an innovative and highly motivated educator, ideally with experience teaching Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) Mathematics. You should have a passion for the Mathematics curriculum area and a deep understanding of instructional strategies to effectively engage students in the learning process.
We are situated 50 kilometres south of Perth and service the coastal suburbs of Waikiki, Warnbro and Port Kennedy. Our school is well supported by the community contributing to the success of our school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Warnbro Community High School can be found by visiting www.warnbro.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information
Please contact Christie Simpson, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9528 9400 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 12 June 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.