Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS822615
This is a permanent part-time (0.28FTE) position commencing ASAP
Southern Cross District High School (DHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and passionate Cleaner to join their friendly team.
Working for the Department of Education can attract the following benefits:
- District Allowance plus other miscellaneous allowances where applicable
For additional information please see relevant Agreement
About the Role
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. In addition to the above, you will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, and other general cleaning as required by the Cleaner in Charge.
Southern Cross DHS, located in the Eastern Wheatbelt, provides contemporary education for around 60 students from Kindergarten to Year 10. Our small student population enables us to offer a personalised learning environment, whilst also providing a breadth of curriculum, teacher expertise and resourcing. Foremost, our school aims to empower students with the values, skills and knowledge essential in becoming valued members of their local community and beyond.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Southern Cross District High School please visit www.southerncrossdhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or download the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Julie Della Bosca, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Southern Cross, by telephoning (08) 9048 9000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than four (4) page Please address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each work related requirement.
You will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
The application form for emailed and hand delivered applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy and;
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Monday, 12 June 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.