Join the Department that leads WA’s economic development, international trade and investment, and tourism, and promotes the defence, international education, science and innovation sectors.
Are you interested in playing a key role at the forefront of developing WA’s growing Hydrogen industry?
We have 2 Project Manager positions to fill immediately on a permanent full time basis.
What are the roles?
These newly created positions will play a pivotal role in the management of the implementation of the Pilbara Hydrogen Hub - a proposal for a $140 million initiative being developed through the Australian Government’s Clean Hydrogen Industrial Hubs program. The Hydrogen Hub involves the development of a hydrogen or ammonia pipeline connecting the Maitland Strategic Industrial Area to the Burrup, creation of a Clean Energy Training and Research Institute in the region, and port upgrades to enable the importing of critical renewable energy infrastructure. It also comprises developing the framework for infrastructure and regional planning for the emerging hydrogen industry in the region, and policy development relating to hydrogen hubs.
You will need to be able to effectively apply your project management skills to manage the project deliverables to agreed outcomes. To do this successfully, you will need to utilise your people and communication skills to effectively manage Australian, State and Local government interfaces and community, industry and research stakeholder relationships to drive the deliverables. This role also prioritises engagement with Aboriginal Peoples, who have been identified as playing an important role in developing the global scale industry in Western Australia, including hydrogen hubs. With a strong strategic approach to your priorities and relationships, you will find that this role will be an interesting challenge for those who wish to take it on!
Ideally you will have a background working within the energy industry and be a highly regarded and a capable Project Manager with demonstrated experience in the management and delivery of economic development, infrastructure or resources projects.
If you have a passion for developing and delivering exciting and complex projects to decarbonise Western Australia, along with strong capabilities and experience in project management and stakeholder engagement, then these are the roles for you.
These roles will also include travel opportunities.
Please see the attached Job Description Form (JDF), for further information.
Interested in more information?
For information regarding this position, please contact Katie Cook, Director Hydrogen and New Energies on 0409 975 162 or via Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drives the creation of local jobs and a stronger, more diverse Western Australian economy.
- Delivers WA Government initiatives that support the full spectrum of economic activity in WA, from large-scale mining and industrial operations, to innovate start-ups and small to medium businesses across the state.
- Promotes the state nationally and internationally to increase trade and attract investment, and encourage tourists and students to consider WA as their destination of choice.
- Fosters our science, research and innovation sectors to build a technologically advanced and prosperous future for all Western Australians.
A strong, diverse and sustainable economy that delivers local jobs and advances WA as a global destination.
To promote WA and advance diversification and growth of the State’s economy. See our Strategic Plan here.
You can progress your career with us. Visit our career opportunities and graduate program. For opportunities in the department, visit LinkedIn and the JTSI corporate website.
Benefits of working at our department
In addition to salary, our employees enjoy a range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- 10.5% superannuation, increasing to 12% by 1 July 2025.
- Flexible working arrangements, including flexi time and working remotely.
- Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance.
- Salary sacrifice options for vehicles and super.
- Three Public Service Holidays each year, in addition to annual leave entitlement.
- Free flu vaccinations annually.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and immediate family living at home.
- JTSI corporate massage.
Additional job information
The Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation is committed to increasing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. As a measure to achieve equality, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) will apply to this position and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants assessed as suitable may be considered for appointment to similar vacancies within 12 months from this process finishing.
JTSI conducts employment screening for applicants, which may include a National Criminal History Check.
Ready to apply?
You should read the attached Applicant Job Pack for detailed information on eligibility, other conditions, and how to apply for the job.
Your application should include:
- A covering letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the Job Requirements; and
- A current CV up to 4 pages outlining your relevant professional experience.
Applicants need to apply online. To avoid last minute systems issues, please submit your application well before the closing time.
When you are ready to apply click the ‘Apply for job’ button at the top or bottom of this page. You will be asked a number of questions, and then be prompted to attach your application documents.
If you experience technical difficulties applying online, please contact the RAMS Helpdesk on 1300 733 056, in the first instance. For information about the process you can contact Human Resources on (08) 9262 1655.
Application must be submitted by the closing time, as we are cannot accept late applications.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on or around the 23rd February.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 15 March 2023 at 12:00pm MIDDAY (AWST)