Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS787849
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
Richmond Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated, organised and highly motivated Manager Corporate Services to join our team.
The Manager Corporate Services is responsible for the leadership of the School Support Staff team and the management of day to day financial, physical and human resource aspects of the school's business operations. You will ideally possess skills of strategic thinking and capacity building for the development of business systems and service provision. As part of the Executive Leadership team you will provide input to the development of our Workforce, Staffing and Business plans and oversee and report on the school’s financial performance.
The successful applicant will ideally possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders and colleagues. You will ideally display strong leadership and professionalism in order to review and establish processes and policies for our ever growing school.
The successful applicant would ideally have experience with the development of a whole school business plan and provide effective information on school resourcing. The successful applicant should display how they have provided professional learning and support for paraprofessionals.
Friendly, caring, inclusive, welcoming, nurturing, supportive and fun. These are just some of the words that our families and students use to describe Richmond PS, where our vision is for every child to be their best. We cater for over 400 students from Kindergarten to Year 6 who pursue knowledge and achievement of their potential.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Richmond Primary School can be found by visiting richmondps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Dale Mackesey, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9438 8700 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Dale Mackesey on 0491 221 379
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 February 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.