Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS799730
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
Newton Moore Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and professional Human Resource Officer to join their friendly Corporate Services team. This position is a full time ministerial position.
The Human Resource Officer will provide advice and support in the coordination of human resource activities and operations. This will include managing job vacancies in RAMS; coordinating leave and relief management for both teaching and non-teaching staff; coordinating the human resource management information system (HRMIS) including for leave, payment and electronic advice processing; assisting in the implementation of staff induction; probation and performance management and provide human resource advice and information to staff.
The successful applicant will ideally have sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, will be highly organised, have the ability to solve problems, meet deadlines and implement strategy and manage Human Resource systems and processes.
Newton Moore SHS is located in Bunbury, 175kms south of Perth. We have a strong commitment to offering innovative and best practice educational programs. The school delivers two Department of Education Approved Specialist Academic Programs: Science Horizons and Engineering Specialist. Newton Moore SHS is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) for Certificate II courses in Aquaculture and Workplace Skills.
Newton Moore SHS also provides enrichment through the following programs: Moore Academy of Sport and Health (MASH), Follow the Dream, Clontarf Football Academy, Stars Foundation and CALM Cadets. As an Independent Public School (IPS), Newton Moore Senior High School provides students with a personalised, globally aware educational experience. The school has a strong sense of community and celebrates the strengths of students through a variety of innovative programs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with staff and work within a team environment.
- Sound knowledge and skills in human resource management, including research, planning and recruitment practices.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to implement appropriate strategies
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Newton Moore Senior High School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Justine Parish, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in South Bunbury, by telephoning (08) 9722 2414 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Justine Parish by telephoning (08) 9722 2414 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 31 January 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.