Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS788113
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2023
Are you committed to achieving excellence?
Spring Road Community Kindergarten is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated Education Assistant Mainstream to join their friendly team.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream, you will ideally have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will work in collaboration with teachers to create and maintain a supportive, inclusive education program for all students. The successful applicant will ideally be passionate about making a difference. You should be organised and able to use your initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment. These skills will also be utilised to aid teachers by assisting with the general care and well-being of students.
The successful applicant will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations and will assist the teacher with the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities.
Spring Road Community Kindergarten offers an alternative location to on-site public school-based kindergarten, providing a gradual approach to formal schooling. Community kindergartens are welcoming and friendly offering play-based programs which cater solely for the needs of the four-year-old age group.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Spring Road Community Kindergarten can be found by visiting www.springroadkindy.com.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Stacey Conway, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9293 3292 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 7 December 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.