Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS788378
This is a permanent part-time 0.5 FTE position commencing Term 1, 2023
Shorehaven Primary School (PS) is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic Special Needs Education Assistant to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will ideally be highly competent, experienced, and passionate. They will work as part of a whole school team committed to high expectations of all staff and students, and high levels of capability and performance.
The successful applicant should have excellent teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills in a recent and relevant educational environment. You should also have a successful history of working in collaboration with teachers to assist with the preparation and delivery of outstanding learning experiences to support the wellbeing of students with special needs. We are seeking applicants who are committed to maximising their impact on student learning in a new, exciting and rewarding school environment.
Shorehaven PS is an Independent Public School opened this year and caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. The school is situated 22 kilometres north of Joondalup in the suburb of Alkimos.
Our dedicated teachers and support staff are expected to provide high standards of support and education for all students. The children in our care will be offered a modern, contemporary education with access to the latest technologies and learning resources.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Shorehaven Primary School can be found by visiting facebook.com/Shorehaven-Primary-School or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact David Hall, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9561 4800 or emailing David.Hall2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 30 November 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.