Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS786962
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2023
Can you make our school sparkle?
Katanning Senior High School (SHS) are seeking a reliable and hardworking Cleaner to join their friendly school.
As a Cleaner, the successful applicant will be responsible for internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition, you will carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning. You will play a vital function in maintaining school hygiene and cleanliness, ensuring that the school is clean and provides a safe and hygienic environment for our staff, students, and community members.
The successful applicant will ideally have a good understanding of cleaning, hygiene and chemical application and good attention to detail. You will ideally be able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
Katanning SHS is a Year 7 to 12 Independent Public School located in the heart of the Great Southern region of Western Australia, part of the Wheatbelt Education Region. Katanning SHS serves a cultural and linguistically diverse community. We celebrate and respect individual differences and work in harmony to ensure success for all students. Our highly professional and experienced teachers are committed to ensuring that all students follow our school motto of “We Strive to Excel.”
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Katanning Senior High School please visit www.katanningshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Kara Flugge, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Katanning, by telephoning (08) 9891 1100 or emailing email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current Line Manager; and
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each work related requirement.
You will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents; or
The application form for emailed applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- Induction program within three months of commencement;
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 2 December 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.