Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS786352
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, part-time 0.6 FTE position commencing Term 1, 2023
Yanchep Secondary College (SC) is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Home Economics Assistant to join their team.
The role of the Home Economics Assistant will include assisting the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, undertaking regular cleaning activities as directed and assisting the teacher with the care and supervision of students.
The successful applicant will ideally have a proactive, positive approach to the role and be able to work well autonomously, as well as part of a team. You should be able to prioritise tasks well, exhibit initiative and be highly organised and efficient.
Yanchep SC is committed to providing young people with high quality, comprehensive education that allows our students and teachers to reach their potential. We have programs for students from Year 7 to 12 with many pathways for students to succeed, including university, further training, or employment. Our college is continuing to grow and will have additional general teaching buildings built in the future. Yanchep SC offers all staff the opportunity to develop and grow.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yanchep SC can be found by visiting yanchepsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Carolyn Butler, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9562 8000 or emailing Carolyn.Butler2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 6 December 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.