Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS782784
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
WA College Of Agriculture - Denmark is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Cleaner In Charge to join their friendly team.
The Cleaner In Charge is responsible for the management of cleaning staff including relief personnel, as well as purchasing, stocktake of cleaning resources, maintenance of cleaning equipment and undertaking the cleaning of allocated internal and external areas. As a member of our maintenance team, you should take pride in being able to keep our school environment a clean and hygienic place for our students and staff to enjoy.
The successful applicant will organise and supervise our cleaning team and lock the school at the end of the day, including setting the security alarm system. The successful applicant will provide on the job induction training for all new cleaning staff, conduct monthly cleaning inspections as well as record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communications book.
The College is a 560-hectare working farm and educational facility for Year 10, 11 and 12 students offering a wide variety of studies and industry training with an agricultural focus. We attract students from all over the state from a wide variety of backgrounds and have a capacity of around 140 students.
While the majority of our students board in the College's 96-bed residential facility, there are a number of day students, and a bus service is provided to and from Albany. Our prime location is both a strength and motivation for us to continue to deliver outstanding outcomes for our students and develop strong partnerships with the community, to ensure our long-term future.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Please visit www.denmarkag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online for more information about WA College Of Agriculture - Denmark
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Craig Armstrong, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in [location], by telephoning (08) 9848 0204 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each work related requirement.
You will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Demonstrated experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy and;
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4: 30pm (WST) on Monday, 5 December 2022
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.