Please note as of Friday the 14th of October 2022, at 2:00pm, the closing date for this advert was amended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS775443
Bicton Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2023.
Suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. In addition to the above, you will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, and other cleaning as required by the Cleaner In Charge.
Suitable applicants will ideally have a good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. Suitable applicants should be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Bicton PS is located in the established suburb of Bicton, 6 km east of Fremantle, near the beautiful Swan River. The school's well-maintained facilities include wide jarrah verandahs, outdoor play equipment around the sports oval and grassed areas, a combined library and computer laboratory, dedicated music, art and science rooms, a purpose built undercover area, a canteen, and an early childhood centre. Constructed hard courts provide excellent facilities for basketball, netball and tennis, close to the multi-use quadrangle, at the centre of the school. The aesthetics of the school buildings and settings, with terraced grounds and established trees make the school a pleasant place to visit, work and learn.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Bicton Primary School please visit bictonps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Lisa Sinclair, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9205 5800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the school holiday period, please contact Lisa Sinclair on 0400 755 746 or email email@example.com and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current Line Manager; and
- A one (1) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents; or
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Friday, 21 October 2022.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.