Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS750785
Binnu Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of Mainstream Education Assistant’s for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2023.
As a Mainstream Education Assistant, you will work to implement teaching and learning programs in a multi-age junior classroom. You will facilitate learning, achieving clearly defined outcomes for students as determined by the teacher. Current knowledge and/or experience of using a synthetic approach to teaching early reading skills would be advantageous.
The successful applicant will support students’ general health and wellbeing and facilitate the achievement of improved outcomes for students in all areas. Our team of experienced staff provide a nurturing environment for students. Through our Positive Behaviour in Schools initiative, we encourage students to be friendly, respectful, responsible and try their personal best.
You will have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as possess effective written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group-based programs.
Suitable applicants should have well developed organisational skills and be able to use your initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment. You will assist by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in the classroom.
Binnu PS is a community school, catering for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. As a small school, we are committed to providing each child with an opportunity to achieve their full potential through quality education and a safe and supportive learning environment.
We are a small school providing BIG opportunities for students.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Binnu Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Kyra Simkin, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Binnu, by telephoning (08) 9936 0300 or emailing Kyra.Simkin@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 June 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.