Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS747310
Tuart Forest Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaner for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023
To be suitable for this role you will ideally have a good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. The successful applicant will ideally be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
As a Cleaner you will carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal.
You will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
At Tuart Forest PS, it is our goal to ensure that every child has an outstanding education resulting in a high Literacy and Numeracy competency. Our mission, Building Strong Foundations for Every Student, Every Day signifies our determination for all students to be successful. As a school that prides itself on meeting the needs of every child, we aim to achieve the twin goals of excellence and equity. We provide opportunities that extend and challenge every child to achieve the highest possible standards and their personal best.
At Tuart Forest PS, we are innovators in public school education. Our dedicated staff strive for high standards in teaching and learning and enthusiastically share good teaching practices, ideas and resources. We seek out professional learning that will maintain excellence and a high degree of expertise in our teaching areas. Our committed staff form a collaborative, proactive team and bring a range of skills that benefit all students. This dedication, and a focus on workforce diversity, has helped to expand the opportunities for our staff and students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Tuart Forest Primary School please www.tuartforestps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Angelene Mckendry, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Dalyellup, by telephoning (08) 9791 0350or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 25 May 2022
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.