Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS749510
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2022
Do you have a green thumb?
Tuart Rise Primary School (PS) is seeking a friendly and caring Gardener – Handyperson to join their welcoming community.
As the Gardener - Handyperson, the successful applicant will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. You will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
To be successful in this role you should possess knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials, and chemicals. You should be a hard working team member, willing to undertake professional learning and willing to share your special skills.
Tuart Rise PS is an Independent Public School located in Baldivis. It is a modern, state of the art facility which opened in 2015 for students in Kindergarten to Year 6. We are staffed by a community of professionals. We value and respect the diversity of skills and knowledge we each bring to the school. We challenge and support each other to be effective educators and impact positively on the lives of all students within our school.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Tuart Rise Primary School please visit tuartriseps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Sue Greenaway, MCS by telephoning (08) 9553 0800 or emailing email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager and;
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.