Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS729736
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Canning Vale College (CVC) is seeking a school officer who ideally has a high level of experience and skills in an educational context to join our collaborative team. The successful applicant should have sound organisational skills and the flexibility to adapt to new roles and responsibilities to suit the ever changing needs of the college as we continually look at ways to improve.
As one of the first points of contact for parents, students and staff in our Student Support and Engagement office you should be friendly, organised and able to effectively work under pressure whilst having high accuracy and attention to detail. The successful applicant should be able to show initiative, work well within a team environment and also be able to work unsupervised. The successful applicant will ideally have a positive and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
As the successful applicant you will be responsible for completing a variety of administrative duties. Initially the focus of this role will be maintaining student attendance records and supporting the Student Support and Engagement team. Other tasks may include supporting the Finance officer in day to day finance and purchasing tasks, receipting money for charges and contributions, maintaining student’s attendance records, managing student enrolments, entering/maintaining student/staff data and generating routine reports from the school databases. Experience with the School Information System (SIS), RM billing, RM finance, recording absentees, reporting to parents, and Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS) would be highly regarded. Some working knowledge of SEQTA Software would be considered highly desirable.
CVC is an Independent Public School with approx. 1,450 from Years 7 to 12 students and approx. 180 staff. The team at CVC aim to create a future for every child in the Canning Vale community by fostering strong partnerships between parents, students and our staff. We believe this is achieved when each child leaves with the knowledge, skills and values to transition to university, further training or employment. By working with us you become part of our team that is dedicated to continual improvement and achievement for both our student and staff community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and/or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Canning Vale College can be found by visiting www.cvc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Debbie Oorjitham, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9334 9000 or emailing Debra.Oorjitham@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Debra Oorjitham on 0477 724 365
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirement
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 31 January 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.