Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH723529
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you a passionate and dedicated Early Childhood Teacher looking for a rewarding opportunity?
Tjuntjunjara Remote Community School (RCS) is seeking an enthusiastic Early Childhood Education Teacher to join their high quality regional school.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Attractive Remote Teaching Service Allowance of $20 870 per year
- Locality allowance of $4 031 per year
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Free GROH housing
- Free relocation (same support offered after completion of the contract)
- Bereavement leave travel to Perth
- Air conditioning subsidy allowance
- Long term furniture storage allowance while in GROH accommodation
About the Role
The successful applicant will implement the Early Childhood Education program for Kindergarten and Pre-Primary students. You will be required to communicate with children in a way that is age appropriate. It is also important in this role to develop skills in communicating with families about their children's skills, abilities and achievements to provide the best learning experiences for their child.
The Ideal Teacher
The successful applicant will ideally have a love of teaching and a love of learning. We are looking for someone who respects that every child and their family is unique and valued. You should be dedicated to your work as well as being organised and prepared.
Tjuntjuntjara RCS currently has a population of approximately 160 - 200 residents, however this can swell or decline depending on Western Desert cultural cycles.
The Location and Community
Tjuntjuntjara RCS is located in the Tjuntjuntjara Community, home of the Spinifex people. The Tjuntjuntjara Community is in the Great Victoria Desert close to the border with South Australia, north of the Nullarbor Plain and 630 kilometres north-east of Kalgoorlie. It is considered to be one of the most remote communities in Australia. The community was established in 1988 when people moved from Coonana to Tjuntjuntjara to follow a traditional lifestyle and maintain cultural identity & values. This is an alcohol-free community and is generally a quiet place where people feel safe. The main language spoken in Tjuntjuntjara is Pitjantjatjara followed by English.
For more information about the Great Victoria Desert click here.
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at email@example.com or on (08) 9264 5154.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Tjuntjunjara Remote Community School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Rhonda Thorncroft, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Great Victoria Desert, by telephoning (08) 9037 1113 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the school holiday period, please contact Rhonda Thorncroft on 0433 527 887.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au).
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 January 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.