Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS727668
This is a three (3) month fixed term, part-time (0.76FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible twelve (12) month extension and/or permanency
Denmark Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic Cleaner in Charge to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will manage Cleaners' time books and record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communication book, arrange relief staff, be responsible for monitoring and ordering stock supplies and stocktake of cleaning resources, open and lock the school, including setting the security alarm system. You will work as a team with school staff and manage staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services. In addition, the Cleaner in Charge will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters.
As the Cleaner in Charge, you will ideally have strong communication and interpersonal skills. The successful applicant should have a sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Located in one of the most scenic towns in Western Australia, Denmark SHS was built on its present location in 2000. The school is positioned on 19 hectares of land bordering the Denmark River. Denmark SHS has modern, aesthetically designed facilities that cater for students from Years 7 to Year 12.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Denmark Senior High School please visit www.denmarkshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Peter Ridge, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Denmark, by telephoning 0407 774 343 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A comprehensive CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Email your completed application form and documents to email@example.com before the closing date and time or;
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents (please contact Peter Ridge on 0407 774 343 to arrange time) before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 January 2022
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED