Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE730334
The Finance and Commercial Services Division is seeking to establish a pool of Principal Consultant - Contracts for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2022.
There is currently one (1) permanent, full-time position available for immediate commencement.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Flexible working arrangements
The Role and our Branch
The Finance and Commercial Services Division is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, experienced procurement practitioner who is interested and passionate about improving educational outcomes for students in public schools though best procurement practice.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
As the Principal Consultant you will work collaboratively with Departmental staff to manage and develop complex and/or high-risk whole of Department contracts through building strong relationships with key stakeholders to drive strategic procurement planning to achieve the objectives of the Department. This will include critical thinking and ability to understand and visualise the needs of clients, to ensure appropriate procurement processes take place to achieve desired outcomes.
As Principal Consultant you will facilitate and lead the preparation of documentation from strategic procurement planning through to award of contracts and other high profile Departmental procurements that will assist the Department to provide educational outcomes to every student, in every classroom, every day.
Suitable applicants will be a confident communicator that fosters strong collaborative working partnerships with key stakeholders and provides timely advice on strategic procurement and contract management matters. You will also possess comprehensive leadership skills being able to develop the procurement expertise within team members but also across the Department.
Our team is part of the Commercial Service Directorate and the greater Finance and Commercial Services Group which provides development and promotion opportunity within the Group. Our Directorate has responsibility for the provision of support to the Department and Schools, for contract planning and management, insurance management, fleet management and commercial legal advice.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
1. Substantial knowledge and understanding of the public sector contracting framework and experience in developing and/or managing complex, high-risk contracts.
2. Highly developed written communication skills with experience in preparing complex procurement and technical documents.
5. Highly developed skills in providing leadership and working collaboratively to manage a range of complex projects.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Bindy Syminton, Manager - Commercial Services by telephoning (08) 9264 4148 or emailing Bindy.Syminton@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 25 January 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED