Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS725832
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Ravensthorpe District High School (DHS) is seeking a motivated and hardworking Cleaner to join their friendly school.
As a Cleaner you will carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal.
The successful applicant will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner In Charge.
The successful applicant will ideally have good attention to detail and be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will ideally be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Our vision is to empower students to achieve their full potential through a positive, supportive and engaging environment that is connected to life experiences and challenges. At Ravensthorpe DHS, we value our three core positive behaviour expectations of care, ambition and respect and communicate high expectations of our teaching support and office staff and of all students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ravensthorpe District High School can be found by visiting www.ravensthorpedhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact David Vooght-Simpson, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Ravensthorpe, by telephoning (08) 9852 3000 or emailing email@example.com.
During the school holiday period, please contact David Vooght-Simpson on 0455 779 904.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents; or
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application; or
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au).
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 January 2022.
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.