Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP727971
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
Pegs Creek Primary School (PS) is a high performing school seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Deputy Principal to join their school leadership team.
The successful applicant will work with the Leadership Team to provide curriculum and instructional leadership within the context of the School’s Strategic and Operational Plans, ensuring curriculum is relevant, rigorous, and inclusive of all students. Data analysis and implementation of the reflection cycle is a key area of accountability aligned to the School Plan and improved outcomes for all students. A strong skill set in data analysis and research-based practices is highly desirable. Networking with literacy and numeracy specialists to refine and elicit whole school improvements in these areas is also important in the role.
The Deputy Principal will work to lead, innovate, manage, and monitor the school improvement process, to develop a culture of high expectations effective teaching and learning with a focus on whole school approaches to improving Indigenous Education. They will work in collaboration with key stakeholders to develop and maintain a learning environment that is safe, inclusive, rigorous, and addresses the key learning needs of students academically, socially, and emotionally. They will ideally support staff to create and maintain a results-driven, action-orientated, and empowering culture where generosity, empathy, and compassion, ideas, and professional growth flourish. They will facilitate workforce effectiveness in leading and motivating staff in planning directed at improving outcomes for students and refining the level of service delivered by the school.
At Pegs Creek PS we focus on excellence in teaching and learning, providing a safe and supportive learning environment, and encouraging partnerships and leadership.
We are a proud Independent Public School catering for students in Kindergarten to Year 6. Centrally located in the City of Karratha, we enjoy a strong connection with the local community and welcome students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
The school's learning programs reflect the diversity of cultures, needs, and abilities of the children of Pegs Creek. Specialist teacher support is provided for students in the arts, Yinjibarndi (languages) and, health and physical education.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work-related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Pegs Creek Primary School can be found by visiting www.pegscreekps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Katherine Mouda-Hughes, Principal, by telephoning 0477 749 013 or emailing Katherine.Moudaemail@example.com.
During the school holiday period, please contact Katherine Mouda-Hughes on 0477 749 013.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au).
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 11 February 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.