We have two (2) permanent full time (1.0FTE) positions available, commencing Term 1, 2022
These positions are a junior leadership opportunity for Human Resource or Recruitment officers looking to develop their career
About our team
Our Recruitment team delivers recruitment services to over 830 public schools and a wide range of central services clients. We partner with school principals and line managers and support them to recruit the most suitable staff for their worksites. Our focus is on ensuring we provide expert recruitment advice within public sector best practice and develop client focussed strategies which achieve successful recruitment outcomes. We offer a strong team working environment with the satisfaction that the recruitment support to our clients contributes to the best possible outcomes for our students. Our team employs over 60 staff across seven dedicated client and service portfolios, and we manage over 25,000 vacancies and staff movements in any given year. To manage our high volume of vacancies, our team, schools and clients use an enhanced version of RAMS, the WA State Government’s contracted e-Recruitment system.
The job opportunity
This role is an ideal opportunity for an experienced recruitment or human resources officer with public sector experience to work with a diverse set of clients and coordinate a motivated team of recruitment officers.
As a Senior Recruitment Officer, you will provide an efficient customer focused service that supports our clients to deliver best practice recruitment, selection and appointment processes You will be expected to provide expert advice and assistance, and will need to research and investigate recruitment issues, provide workable solutions and ensure that services provided to internal and external clients is clear, concise and supported by relevant Departmental policy, Awards and Agreements.
An integral part of this role is to provide recruitment services, not only by phone or email, but through onsite visits at client locations and/or use of online platforms including TEAMS, Webex and Zoom. We have a very strong client focus and believe in building and maintaining client relationships at the highest level.
Working closely with other Senior Recruitment Officers and Recruitment Officers, you will focus on meeting both individual and team goals and possess a genuine desire and willingness to support others. In collaboration with your peers, you will use your initiative to delegate and coordinate day-to-day work requests to ensure that daily client service needs are managed effectively whilst encouraging team motivation through positive, clear and constructive communication. Your responsibilities include identifying and providing ongoing training and development support to Recruitment Officers to ensure the efficient and professional administration, facilitation and delivery of recruitment, selection and appointment practices and services to all clients.
Senior Recruitment Officers promote a positive work environment, whilst proactively initiating and implementing change to current work practices, user guides, and online recruitment operations to better support our services. You will regularly liaise with the Recruitment Systems Support team to ensure accurate recording of recruitment processes and documentation using the Department’s online recruitment system.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application of recruitment, selection and appointment process, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the provision of high-level advice and services to internal and external clients on human resource processes, with a focus on recruitment, selection and appointment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of computerised Human Resource Management Information Systems and/or other complex databases, with the ability to report on, review and evaluate system related data to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to communicate with a broad range of individuals in a decisive and professional manner.
- Demonstrated initiative and high-level organisational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines, maintain confidentiality and exercise judgement and discretion.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All enquiries are welcomed
Please contact Pare Boyle, Recruitment Operations Coordinator on (08) 9264 8719 or by email on email@example.com
All applications must be submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing selection criteria 1, 2 and 4, in context of the role.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process.
If you do not receive a lodgement confirmation email or if you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment, and;
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 28 January 2022
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 6 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.