Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS703579
Dianella Secondary College (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of Administrative Support Coordinators for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
We are seeking dedicated, organised, and highly motivated Administrative Support Coordinators (ASC) who are excellent communicators and are able to work as part of a team. The ASC assists in coordinating diverse day to day operations and providing general administrative assistance to the Principal and Executive team.
Suitable applicants will assist the School Administrators with the construction and maintenance of the Student Information System (SIS) timetable, course counselling and subject selection processes, maintenance of student and staff information systems, School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) reporting and compliance, maintenance of the Administration calendar and scheduling of key events. The ASC will participate in and may provide effective training to support staff in all administrative procedures.
To be suitable for this role you should have well-developed ICT skills including knowledge of timetable processes, SCSA, Student Information Record System (SIRS), Compass, Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS), Recruitment Advertising Management System (RAMS) and the ability to create, operate and manipulate databases, spreadsheets and extract reports. Suitable applicants will ideally have an understanding of WACE requirements and the ability to produce reports to monitor and report on student progress, attendance and achievement. Suitable applicants should also have sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify patterns, process improvements, problems and solutions. Knowledge of working with RM Finance and RM Billing will also be considered highly valuable.
Dianella SC, situated in Perth's northern suburbs, is a vibrant multicultural environment that has a long and proud history of producing successful and committed community members. Each student will have access to a varied curriculum that provides them the opportunity to explore and develop their own individual talents and passions.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business operations and administrative activities.
- Initiative and good organisational skills, including the ability to work with minimum supervision to meet deadlines.
- Well developed computer skills including a working knowledge of word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
- Data management skills, including data analysis and reporting.
- Well developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with individuals at all levels.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dianella Secondary College can be found by visiting dsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Deb Unwin, Principal, by telephoning 0475 951 538 or emailing Debra.Unwin@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Debra Unwin on 0475 951 538.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 4 February 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.